Consider a touch of leather in your next decorating project. It will be a moo-ving experience that’s sure to enhance your home environment! And most leather design elements are practical too!
Leather adds great texture, softness and color; however, beware that it can be a heavy look, especially in its most typical design colors – dark brown and black. That’s why it’s best to soften a big leather piece of furniture with other elements such as creamy paint colors, cushy throws and pillows, silky rugs and soft fabric furniture and window fashions.
Another way to lessen the heaviness of leather design elements is to select a lighter color of leather, such as beige, white, gray or sage green. Or you can add a tidbit of brightness with green, red or yellow leather!
- Glass or Lucite tables
- Metal chairs and lamps
- Light filtering, soft-looking window fashions
- Bamboo flooring
- Natural grass wallcoverings
- Leather sofas and easy chairs, and even recliners!
- Leather dining chairs
- Leather headboard
- Leather-fronted sideboard in the dining room or dresser in the bedroom
- Leather-covered walls in a powder room or home office
Add leather to your next design project and you'll be ahead of the herd!