It doesn’t take much ornamentation to embellish your rooms beautifully and get you, your family and friends into the holiday spirit. It’s like adding garnish to a dish to make all the difference in how it looks and tastes.
You may be the type of person that goes all out for the holidays – and that’s great. But don’t despair if you want a holiday feeling in your home, but also want to keep it simple. There are lots of small ways to decorate your home for the holidays, with a minimum of cost and effort, and a maximum of enjoyment!
First prioritize which rooms have the biggest impact in creating a feeling of holiday cheer in your house. This might include:
- Living room or great room
- Dining room
- The front door, entry and outside the house
- A holiday tree, poinsettias or Christmas cacti
- Holiday scented candles scattered around the house
- Bowls of sparkly ornaments
- Wreaths and sprays of fresh, fragrant pine
- Scented logs for your fireplace
- Dining room centerpieces and linens
- Garlands of holiday lights, for outdoors or in
- Holiday throws and pillows
- Sweet smelling fresh-baked desserts and mulled ciders and wines