Have you always wanted a beach house even though you don’t live anywhere near a body of water? Or maybe you already live near the water and want to make your home look more like a beach house?
Either way you can create a relaxing, fun interior that looks like it belongs near the beach.
Beach design colors can be vibrant and tropical, calm and neutral, or nautical blue and white. Even aqua and white or orange and white can create a beach feel. Or you can use lots of beiges and light blues to reflect the colors of the sand and sky.
Pale-colored woods for floors, furniture or walls reinforce a light and casual theme. Furniture or storage units can be made from lobster traps or salvaged wood from boats or piers. Rattan, wicker or bamboo furniture also brings a beach vibe, as do rag rugs. Driftwood can be displayed as an art object or used as a table base.
- Purchase translucent window fashions to let in lots of light, and use artificial lighting that’s bright and warm.
- Add touches from the sea, such as coral and shells made into lamps, chandeliers, boxes and decorative items.
- Install boat fittings in your kitchen or bath, such as hinges, lanterns and pulls.
- Use fabrics, throws, pillows, table linens and bed linens with beach motifs, palm trees, surfers and boats.
- Add artwork that depicts the sea, birds, fish or surfers.
- You can even display a real boat in your house!! Or a model of a boat.