A fireplace adds beauty to a home, in addition to adding emotional warmth and, yes, physical heat! With a little carefully planned TLC, your hearth can become the centerpiece of your home, no matter what the style of your house, from traditional to modern, and formal to casual.
- Choose from a variety of materials that are almost infinite - stone, tile, cement, brick, paint and more.
- For a unique look, purchase an antique wood or stone carved mantel and surround.
- As an option, don’t have a mantle at all! A fireplace can look beautiful with the brick, wood or stone extending to the ceiling.
- Hang a beautiful piece of art or a mirror over the mantel – or position your flat screen TV here! Your TV can even be installed behind a remote-controlled piece of artwork.
- For both function and beauty, add a unique fireplace screen and fireplace tools.
- For relaxing and warming up, place big comfortable chairs or low ottomans near the fireplace, or place giant floor pillows nearby.
- Highlight your fireplace in the summer months too, by adorning the inside or edges of your fireplace with live or artificial plants or a beautiful arrangement of candles.